Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The coop's been quiet!

I can't seem to find any funny dramas to write about lately...

The girls have been behaving, everyone's happy and healthy (hurrah!), I still have a little roo to re-home but nobody wants him, egg production could be better but isn't too shabby - I'm convinced some girls are laying under a bush somewhere though, since they've been free-ranging a couple of my best layers have mysteriously "stopped" laying... hmmm!

Warm summer days.

Gotta love 'em!

3 comments:

prin said...

I still haven't figured out how you know who lays what. :D

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Hey Girl! Thought I'd give you the 411 on Scarlett's bumblefoot. Oh. It was so bad. Didn't realize how bad til we got ahold of her. Poor thing. Been soaking in Neo Tricide, or is it Tri Neocide? I can't remember - but doing that now for four days. Rubbed Preparation H all over her feet to reduce swelling - antibacterial cream, and then a gauze wrap and vet tape over that. They look a little better. Swelling definitely down. The plugs still seem super hard and well attached. Big bubble on the top of her foot that looks full of pus and could be popped if I had the stomach for it. Hard to believe a few more days of treatment will make a big difference - but I'm hoping - I may have to find more about the surgery. Gak.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you need to do an Easter egg hunt!