Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy faces

I took a short video of my easter egger girls yesterday 
(this group is one of my three). 
They are 12 girls + 1 rooster in all, in about 200 sqf of space. 

For the hens you will see 7 easter eggers, 1 black cochin/brahma mix, 
2 polish/leghorn mixes and 2 blue laced red wyandottes.


Yes, that rooster is indeed the famous Jericho!

The sweet one that I hand raised since he was a day old...
The one who attacked me out of the blue a few weeks ago
and whom I beat half to death with a big plastic spoon.

I'm soooo glad he's OK -
Trust me, this will never happen again!

Respect, peeps, respect :-)


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh they are wonderful!

We don't have 'easter egg' chickens over here in the Uk, there is a hybrid blue egg layer, but they don't have the feather ruffs around the face. We have one! Plus an Araucana bantam!

Would love to give them all a hug!

Hugs, Sarah x

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are so sweet. I am so glad that Jericho is doing well.

Foothills Poultry said...

They all look nice and healthy. I love seeing other folks' chicken vids.

~~Matt~~