Thursday, July 15, 2010

I love my roos

I love my boys, but I just wish I didn't have quite so many - sigh. Now comes the time to make the very difficult decision on who stays and who goes... And no, I cannot keep them all as they fight over girls, they crow and bother the neighbors, they eat and poop without ever laying any eggs - sad, but it's the way nature made it.

This is Ti-Lou, one of my favorites - he stays!
(in the background is Jericho, he stays too)

Mom? Am I not sweet and cute?

It looks like we're heading into a week of rain, a welcome relief from the sweltering heat and pounding sunshine - but with that comes soggy chickens and flooded runs.

I hope the water drowns out all those annoying flies! Yey!

-Technodoll aka Mama Hen

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are so handsome.

Viking Granny!!!! said...

your Roosters are beautiful. DE keeps the flies down .. but you have to sprinkle it again after the rain