Monday, June 13, 2011

Annabelle


I came thisclose to rehoming this little brat...

Put her up for sale,
had a guy call and he say he was coming the next morning
to pick her up.

I waited all day, phoned but there was no answer.

Can I tell you how relieved I was for the no-show?

Had a bad, creepy feeling about the guy - 
and I was right.

Took her for sale ads off the innernets
and what do you know -
the jerk showed up on our doorstep
a whole day later
without calling, without apologizing, nothing -
wanting to"pick up his bird".

Like, seriously?!

I told him to get lost!

She's my baby, my responsibility, she's a good healthy girl
and I have to endure her big personality, that's all.

I have one too, I should know better ;-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She sure is a pretty one. Glad she didn't go home with the wierd guy

Unknown said...

She sure is a pretty one. Glad she didn't go home with the wierd guy

David said...

Is she a Rhode Island Red?
We have a Production Red cross and no matter how much we care and handle her, she still seems to be stand-offish. We raised her from a one day old chick. All our other chickens are very tame and practically pets that will sit with us.
Glad you kept her.
David & Melanie
Tropical Texana/ Houston :-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad she is still yours.